100% Made in Singapore

Monday, October 31, 2005

brief updates, big impact

::lazy-ness and busy-ness at work::

it had been a long time since my last blog entry. I had been busy surfing the web in my free time, too lazy to go write any blog entry.
So I summarized up the recent events, will be posted on the following upcoming blog entries.

First is The passing on of my dad
My dad passed away 17 september 2005. It's the second time in my life that someone from my intermediate family has passed away.

The first time, it was my maternal grandpa. I got go to his funeral wake, but i was imagining too much to go into the area that he was placed at. I never ever seen or near any dead bodies before that. Not even during the Qing Ming Jie, cos i always cannot wake up. My brother had been inside to look at grandpa the last time. In the end, i'm the only one that never went inside. ::I was imagining that maybe grandpa's eyes will open or something like that. *watch too much horror movies*::

It's sad, though we are already prepared that my dad will not live til 2006 new year. But when the real thing happen, it's quite sad. But to look on the bright side of it, at least my dad don have to suffer anymore.

His condition starts to worsen in june then have to go A&E. After some observations, The doc told us that his intestines had lumped together so there are only three options for us to choose. 1. To leave it as it is, but dad's conditions will only worsen. 2. go for operation to remove the obstructing tumours. 3. if the tumours cannot be removed, have to remove the disease part of the intestine and connect out what is left of the small intestine to a external stomabag.

The shortening of the intestine resulting in loss of nutrients as dad's intestines have shorter time to absorb the nutrients in the food he ate. NUH advised us to transfer my dad to a hospice where there will be nurses and doctors who can take care of my dad. My dad is also on IV drip so that he will not get dehydrated. And if we wanna bring my dad home, we have to rent the IV drip equipment which cost about $1400 per month. And we need two- one for glucose, one for morphine.

Then we decided to let my dad stay in the hospice cos he still need his morphine drip. The hospice is not bad just that we cannot bring any meat in. But then we still do smuggle in some food for my dad to eat. The vegetarian food there look bland and is tasteless. And the worse thing is that it is the same dishes day in day out.
*To me, that's a nightmare.*

After the operation, my dad got thinner and thinner. Luckily, he is not thin to begin with, if not he would be able to last long. Then his bones started to show. He knew that he do not have long, but he still quite optimistic... we also try to smuggle in some of the food, not under vegetarian category, for my dad.

Actually there are more things to say but then it's hard to express it in words.
We start to miss the days when my dad will cook and we have dinner at home. Cos now we have to buy our own dinner. it can be quite boring to eat outside all the time. And yet we don cherish those days when the food is cook and ready for us to eat. That 's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home