100% Made in Singapore

Saturday, June 11, 2005

from a guy laurence82

Sigh....tell you my story.

I ord from Army this year in August, and waiting for school to start. I was aimless and need to find job. Yes I can hold out my hand and ask my mother for money. My family is not rich, but is not in want. However, I want to get outside experience, and I dont want to burden my mum (wait, let not my mum read this, she will laugh) So, i got acquainted with Herbalife thru net.

However, I found a better company.And now is doin it. But, I was still invited by many companies to go down and see. I been to AMH and nti too. At first I can see AMH is legal, but maybe lousy due to reasons you all know. After that, I met nti. I was shocked, coz been thru few companies, it was the first time I seen such companies. You all can see my points I posted. I was worried and start doing my research. Contacted people involve in scams, talked to experienced networkers, research by articles books, talk to people on sgforums, contact few guys in nti too. Therefore, my points as i posted

However, however, however, i was scared. I met one of my friends and he gave me this advice. He was involved in such scams before. He told me few things and plus my points I present to you guys in the next post
*****************************************
Ok ,as for the pros and cons of whether to inform the police.

a) Can you assure me the police is that good? Look, if you look at the Commercial Affairs Department website, it lists the procedure of reporting such scams. It is damn leceh, and you need certain evidence to back you up. Your friend wrote you the binary plan on a piece of blank paper, which you did not keep. The company website did not show the recruitment plan, only the "sales" plan. Scheming arent them? Even for CASE. The procedures is enough to kill you, less the investigation part.

I read in an article, that seven case were reported to CAD last year. So far, nothing to substantiate the claims, even after investigations.

How good is the CAD? Look, comparing US police and SG police, we are far behind. In US, the police has been streetwise from young. They discern from own experience, instead of just reading past cases. True they are educated, but they clamp down more on scams than us. Not forgetting US scams are a lot and cleverer. In US each month, each state police are grabbing a handfull of scams.

In SG, I was disgusted of the low rate of capture of scams. I seen pyramid scams up and running for long time, and they exist in many places. Commodities are back, with vengeance. All the newspaper did was just a small report few months ago on laws on commodities. In US, they clamp down on binary a lot. According to an experienced networker in SG, the reason why police is not clamping down yet is because binary has yet to cause a furore. Remember, binary is a double edged sword. In US, more than half of the binaries companies have been clamped down. Not because binary is illegal (well it isnt), just that it is easily used as basics of pyramid.

It takes a thief to catch a thief. I admit, Ntiparis is f***king sophiscated, compared to usual scams. But scammers are very clever people. Each time, scams are getting more sophiscated and difficult to catch. Most DSA or mlm watchdogs would prefer you to just leave cases to police, coz nowadays, only experienced networker can see thru most sophiscated ones. Actually, those esperienced are mostly of our parents age or been out there for many years. Unless our police is confirmed that good, or they have paid informants and other tools to help them, police may not catch the. Primary rule number one - You must outsmart scammers. And scammers move fast.

I will explain the sophiscation of scams nowadays later, and why it is not easy, and why you cant see even if they stare at you right in the face.

All hopes lost? Well, you can go and report to police, but dont have high hopes. Nothing may come up.

But if the police is successful? Minimal punishment for participants of scam (your friends) can be just warning letters. Max? $30,000 to $200,000 fine, or jail for five years or both. NSFs and Regulars beware. Five years in civilian jail may also equal to five years in DB, plus other charges SAF might put up. For the organisers of such scams, the penalty might be higher. All in all, your friends are at risk of jail or heavy fines.

Well, a glimmer of hope here. Go read up on S888.com. Coz of it, MLM is legalised ,as well as regulated under DSAS, CASE and MTI. Funnily, most of us teenagers hardly join these companies that are under DSAS or large recognised companies. Many I know joins dubious, small, shady ones. You must know the perils of shady young business.If you read up on S888.com, it was caught not because it physically flouts the laws on pyramid, but because it runs in the spirit of one. Thats why police caught them.

These are the pros and cons of calling police. What happened if you sit back and do nothing?
**********************************************
b) Look, you can sit back and do nothing. Why?

Lets say you do nothing, and company collapse (it will). Your friends are not losing anything. If your friends join in as "pioneers" of the company, they would have earned liao and recovers that 288 dollars they pumped in. For short term, they will definitely earn. The reasons I will explain as promised just now. In long term, either they find their earnings "dropped" or the company make infrequent payments, or even withold money in form of vouchers. They just stop earning , thats all. They wont lose money, coz others start to pump in money for them at present. Maybe when company collapse, they just learn the lessons, and waste time and effort only.

How about people who joins and company collapse the next day? Look, $288 is nothing for a simple lessons. Too bad I have to be straightforward. People lost five figure sums in the commodities scams before, and this is their coffin money or life savings. $288 is too small to pay for a worthy lesson.

All in all, nobody is taking a steep fall from this climb on the mountain. They just reroute, thats all. They are not going to lose everything, just time and effort.

What I am most afraid of some bastards will take my friends and go look for another company, resulting in a merry go round. They will not stop to look for money, just that they will continue doing so till others lead them away from the bad influence

However, however, however, like I told friends who has siblings inside, that I cannot assure you that definitely police will remain clueless and not knocking on your friends door. Coz, we are not the only people in whole of SG who knows. Simply said, whether or not to report to police is up to you. It is choosing between the devil and the deep blue sea. Sigh...

When I came to this conclusion, I could not accept it at first, coz I was impatient, and wish company will collapse and I can have my friends back, especially one of them whom I wish to be my godbrother. I was farking tired of the company agents evasiveness and, most of all, my friend stubborness and hostility towards others.

However, do not stop your crusade, Dennis. Attempt to explain to others what you seen and know. Btw, for people who read this, let me assure you guys one thing. I have seen the wide tentacles of ntiparis and NOP. When the saga comes to end, it will cause furore in the country, especially the teenagers like the commodities scams to our parents many years ago. Just be prepared.

End
**********************************************
Guys, I just noted something in Dennis post that I should have notice long time ago.(knock myself on head)

What is 2 to the power of 30? Wink

There once a knight who done a deed for the king. He was offered by the king to ask for anything he wishes. The knight ask for a grain of rice (i think it is rice or something) according to a certain calculations. He ask for a grain of rice for the first square on the chessboard, and two grains on the second square, and four on the third square. So for each square of chessboard, the number of grains doubles. The knight ask for the sum of of all the grains that appears on the 64 squares. The king laughed and agreed. The knight smiled and told the king its not possible. The king ask why. Here's why

If you guys use your calculator and calculate, the amount of grains is 1.8 x (10 to the power of 19) on just the 64th square! I havent even total up yet, forgot the formula for geometrical progression.

Heck it is 18 million million million grains just on 64th square. Even if the king harvest all the crops past present and future, he cant still give the knight whats he wants in total. The mathematician alredi calculate this and found it to be impossible to achieve.

.......................................................................................................

If I give you $100,000 today for the month, or 1 cent which doubles itself for everyday of the month, which would you take? Most will take $100,000 coz it looks quite big at first sight. People, the 1 cent which doubles it self ends up as $ 5,368,709.13.

..............................................................................................

Here is the kicker from Dennis here.

ntiparis is binary meaning two guys under you, two guys under each of them. ntiparis earns up to 30th level. Meaning (pounce away on your calculator) at the 30th level alone, your network has 1,073,741,824 people. Gasp, you have whole of China under you. Walau. This is almost impossible, even without adding up the total.

Haha, ntiparis is mathematically flawed too. This is crazy.

................END......................

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

From Timandra:

Kudos to lawrence82 for providing the links to binary plans regulation in the US. It helps to raise the awareness of people. Actually went down to ntiparis to see look some days ago, through some contacts of mine lah. As mentioned in the previous articles as well as in the straits times articles in the papers since the 30th, it really appears to me that there's some truth in their claims. Although it's common for companies to present their marketing plans first to prospects, it's bull$@!% to proclaim that products are not important lah, with not much information on them somemore... However, my friend from the company provided me with an acceptable explaination. With regards to the lack of info on products, he apologised and confessed that they're minimal solely because of the delay in printing etc, which are out of his control, but he'll try to answer my questions to the best of his knowledge.. He also acknowledged that there're indeed many in the company engaging in tatics that'll raise a brow or two, so voila, it's now in the papers.. (Although the first article presented in the papers on the 30th is more of a lack of knowledge of the plan & industry...)

Black sheep there may be in the company, but my friend did mention that he'll try his best within his means to engage in more ethical approach etc. but of course, only within his group and hopefully to the rest of the company. Feedback is welcome anytime...
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
From laurence82:

Timandra, I read your post and I do not agree with the part on them not pushing products due to lack of sales kits.

a) If they lacked of sales kits, where would my $288 goes? If much of it goes towards products, two points. One, $288 pays for many aromatheraphy products. Wouldnt it be front loading?. Two, $288 pays for few aromatheraphy poducts. Arent they grossly overpriced?

Hope you dont say it goes towards recruitment commission? Hehe

b) Aromatheraphy products, unlike many other products, does not allow one easily to know the markets demand and market values. Remember what I posted about many pyramid putting many exotic stuff as front for their scheme? ntiparis did not prove the quality and effectivenes of these products they are selling. Also, these are luxury goods, and not neccessities, how would one expect teenagers to sell when a) their contacts are also teenagers with no money and no demand for these goods b)parents who may have money but no demand c)do they have many rich contacts?

Effectiveness of aromatheraphy is not conclusive, although I would prescribe it for theraphy and wellness, than healing and curing.

Basically, for aromatheraphy, I would rather turn to BelairParis. (Just a story, my friend's fiancee was in Belair, but he couldnt tahan the smell, seems girls appreciate aromatheraphy better)

c) Belairparis do provide infos and catalogues on their products. Look, I dont know whats ntiparis products, effectiveness and most of all safety. If ntiparis lack of catalogue and sales kits

1)how they manage to sell without sale kits these time all along- by word of mouth? meaning they have very good saleman. Sorry I wont be able to join coz I am not a good speaker. Cool

2) how do they train their downlines? I need these product guides and stuff to guide me too. If everything comes by word of mouth, are they really effective in passing required information to downlines, up to the usage of these products?

3) Nothing to prove the effectiveness and safety of these products. Imagine I took a weight loss product without knowing the contents, and later to discover it contains ephedrine. Similarly, we do not know the safety mark, and quality check of these products. All companies provide services or products, and as MLM company, nti should have good aromatheraphy products in the market...or is it? And whether they are good or not, the agents should be also pushing sales of products, not just recruitment.

Most of all, one of my friend join in last year. Dont tell me that ntiparis has been runing without a sales kits all these past year? I asked another friend once for sale kits and stuff. He told me he didnt bring. I had suspected all along they do not have sales kits. For the past one year!!! Something is not right somewhere...

I went to one young company once, with its boss having minimal MLM experience. They already have everything set up, including products catalogue and stuff. Even literature of their marketing plans have been printed out.. James Phang claims he has many years experience in MLM, yet not having a product cat, or for that matter, any literature on the company seems like a farce to me.

Let me tell you an experience. My friend and his relative wanted to set up a restaurant. They have planned everything and presented their plans to their investors. I was there, and saw the whole hting. I was impressed, coz because of their experience, they have include every minor details. Like MLM or any biz, there are like certain "must do" routine before setting up a biz. Even if you are damn experienced you would have left out something. But remember, products are mainstay of biz, and for MLMers, products guides are a must,so it would be no excuse for an experienced guy like him not to to have produce it beforehand.

d0 Cutting edge? Basically, ntiparis form the above points have either dubious or lousy management, sorry to say that. On the front, I do agree, ntiparis seems want to correct the faults of other companies. After research, not only do I find it dubious, it has more faults than other established companies.

For a boss of Amway to close down his business and to start another, I would expect better results with the new one, Unfortunately, after some time, I dont find ntiparis much more fantastic than NOP. I told tibirg this before, for inexperienced MLMers, just wait. It took AMH sometime for everyone to know its faults. To nitparis, it will take sometime for people to know whether it works. As of now, the faults are start to show up. with now reports in the paper already.

I will repeat what I said before in reference to DennisLam posts, nti will be to us what commodities done ot our parents few years back
*****************************************************
Wah so hiong arh, true in one thing is that once a pyramid or any scam gets too big and get noticed, it will vamoose before you can say "scam!"

I forgot one point on Timandra post

NOP is still running, and as investment company. Remember the Batam club which was never built despite 1000 people paying $3800 each for it. That belongs to NOP Investment.

If I were to say a guy who failed can never rise again, thats utterly childish. Yet I have not harp on James Phang failures. What I mentioned is his NOP (supposedly his past) is still running, as we can know from the Batam case.

Plus these two dubious companies, make me worried as to james Phang personality.

Btw, there is this maxim I recently learned and adhere to. Boss of MLM companies must not have second business. Sounds funny? It happened. MLM must equals distributor welfare. A boss which has many business are merely looking at which business is the most profitable.

To agents in ntiparis who are imbued with "biz knowledge", this having many biz may shows the boss is "talented" and can run business well, and know the power of investment too.

To many MLMers, this is nonsense, coz the boss is not concentrating on his MLM biz as core, and looking for his own profits. Lack of focus is the mainstay of many rising MLM biz problems. Worse as in many biz in corporate world, we may not know where the profits are actually channelled to.
*****************************************

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home